Each Sunday we will explore a different topic that can support us and help us to nurture our hearts and live with more vitality. We will interweave mindful awareness and compassion practices with experiential investigation and group and dyad sharing.
What is compassionate listening? It is listening deeply, which means:
• as listeners, setting the intention to ground ourselves, to breathe, and to settle, calm and open, as best we can.
• staying open and vulnerable to another’s suffering and distress.
• heeding the etiquette of compassionate listening, a listener doesn’t interrupt, or push a personal agenda for what they would like to hear the speakers say or do;
• moving from a place of knowing, which is based on our perceptions, assumptions, and histories, to a place of not to be surprised and moved.
• Listening with an empathetic ear to what is said and seeing through the eyes of the other.
Please join us as we practice listening together and experience the tremendous relief of feeling listened to and understood!
People who feel and practice more gratitude experience more joy!
There is scientific evidence of this!
“Cultivating Joy and Gladdening the Heart”
• Illuminating joy is not denial of all the difficult things we encounter in life; it does not make the terrible less terrible.
• cultivating joy as a way of being in the midst of all conditions and events of our life is an invitation to transform our understanding of joy
We live in a fast-paced culture which prioritizes competition, striving, and achievement. With these values we lose touch with our bodies, our hearts, ourselves, and as a result what truly matters. When we are aware, we can more wisely choose actions that connect us to ourselves and others.
In our time-in together, we slow down from our busy lives.
We take time–in to allow our body and breath to settle and calm through mindful awareness and meditation. We turn our focus inward so that we can orient toward our own well- being. Guided and other supportive practices including guided meditations, experiential investigation, group, and personal sharing are also offered.
Each month we will explore a different topic and quality that can help us to nurture our hearts and live with more vitality and presence and compassion. All done with a light touch and a playful tone!
We meet on the 3rd Sunday of the month, from 1:30 to 3:30 PM, ET (all on Zoom).
Every month, we will send out a short video trailer. We will share a guided meditation, followed by experiential exploration and time for group reflection.
IntegralTherapy is expanding our CE training program for mental health practitioners and creative arts therapists. (CP PAT will be available for a fee.) CE credits available with separate registration and fee.)
Here's a nice way to start and support your day. Come in for a soft landing. Center and Ground. Consider a simple reflection.
Join Jaye at 9:30 - 10:15 AM (New York time ), via Zoom.
This sitting is offered freely. Anyone interested should contact Jaye and she'll send out an invitation.
|Time:||9:30am - 10:15am|
|Contact:||Jaye Moyer at (845) 774-9364|